[1969] St. Augustine Show

sarahvair at juno.com sarahvair at juno.com
Mon Nov 19 06:45:20 EST 2007

The 69 Club was well represented in St. Augustine this past weekend.
We had 5 69's there.  Oh okay, we had 4 physically there, and one that was worn on a shirt all weekend.
Tony Ellison, Mike & Cathy Lee, Marvin Crook (anyone know who this guy is?) and myslelf had our cars physically there.  John Saxe's 69 was under the weather so he did the next best thing and wore a shirt with the 69's picture on it.
The 69's also did well in the events!!!
Car Display:
Mike & Cathy Lee:  1st place Late Closed
Tony Ellison: 3rd place Late Closed
Marvin Crook: 1st place Late Open
Rally:
2nd place: Tony Ellison
3rd place: Marvin Crook
Autocross:
Tony Ellison: 1st place (yes, Tony did push it and not do a Sunday drive type run)
Now for the best part.  You have an annual Award known as the Barnhardt Bentz Award.  This award is given to the person who participates in every event and scores the best.  It came down to two individuals and Tony Ellison in his 69 won the award.
Congratulations to all 69 members for participating and showing what 69's are all aboiut.
Sarah