[1969] Body Tag Dates

Geoffrey A Johnson geoffj at unm.edu
Tue Sep 11 10:31:18 EDT 2007

Trying to figure something out on date codes.   IS the body tag on page
146 of the figner tip facts real or made up?

Why?
Because it has the same date code as mine.  09E.   So that means 5th week
of september 1968.   In the fifth week, only working day in september
1968, was
Monday the 30th.

Another '69 vert I was looking at has a much lower vin (13**) or so, and
has the same (09E) date.

All the body numbers are quite different though.  Mine is 121340, The
other one 131***, and the one in the book 140280.   Even counting other
cars (novas etc) that is a big difference if they were all done the same
'week', even though the 9E translates to only one working day.

By Vin though my car (3260) was not completed untill ~Jan 18th.

Thanks
Geoff Johnson
Albuquerque NM