[1969] front spoiler update?

Steven steven at sashimi.org
Sat Aug 9 12:50:55 EDT 2008

Anyone have an update on progress?

Thanks,

- Steve Brown

# 0069 - Frost Green convertible 140/PG

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Ellis" <corvair69 at earthlink.net>
To: <1969 at corvair.org>
Sent: Saturday, June 07, 2008 10:54 AM
Subject: [1969] Fw: front spoiler 66/69

FROM LARRY CLAYPOOL -

hi all
     cal clark contacted me regarding the front stock valance , or spoiler
if you prefer, on the 66/up cars. he is going to look into reproducing them,
but wants to get it 'right' the first time around (unlike the deck lid
insulation).
he does have a nos piece to work with, however this nos piece and the ones
on some cars are not all the same.
     there appear to be 2 different textures on the outer face of the
valance- one is a grain that is pretty pronounced like that of the grain on
the 60/64 monza seat vinyl.  the other grain is not as pronounced, being
more like the pattern on 65/67 monza/corsa seat vinyl.
     the other difference is the way the bottom of the valance is molded-
one style has a simple lazy L shape towards the rear of the car, the other
style has the bottom of the valance shaped in a slight offset that does not
go towars the rear, but instead  downward.
i had 2 examples in the shop today.
picture 902 is a valance i had on the shelf; year unknown; it has the offset
bottom and the shallow texture.
picture 906 is on a 66 monza, but i don't know the car's history to verify
it is original to that car. this one has the lazy L shape and the deep
texture.

 so that brings up 2 questions.
1.  what years used which style?
2. does the texture change go hand in hand with the shape differences , or
could there be combinations of texture and shape?

i think this something that the SCG could help determine.
anyone willing to take charge of an investingation?

once we make a conclusion, i will post cal with our findings. he does not
need to be posted on all of our investigation process.
best regards
lc