[1969] 69 Head Rest information please

Ed Bertrand bertfam at verizon.net
Tue Jan 1 15:37:16 EST 2008

Gents (and ladies), I need some information regarding the head
restraints on the 69's for an article I'm doing.

It appears the bars went from "straight" to "bent" in the early December
time frame. I have a set of straights (with dates of 9-13-68) installed
on a 12A car. I also have a set of bents on a 12C car. This is as close
as I can get without more data points.

I'm trying to narrow it down a little more so I could use some help. If
you have a car assembled during the 11A through 12E 1968 range (there's
a good possibility of overlap so a wide spread is required), can you
email me the following:

1. What are the dates on your head rests (and do you have a shift number
after the date - I.E. 10-5-68-2 would be the second shift on a head rest
assembled on October 5th, 1968).

2. Are they the "straight" bar or "bent" bar.

3. What is the build date on your trim tag.

4. What is the interior code on your trim tag.

And by the way, can someone with a set of "bent" bar head rests give me
the angle of the bend. It appears to be around 30 degrees but I'm just
using my eyeball and it's not that calibrated!

Any questions, please email me.

Thanks folks.
Ed