[1969] Fw: 40th anniversary finger tip facts

Mark Ellis corvair69 at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 25 19:07:10 EDT 2008

I talked with Cal at the Virginia Vair Fair in May and we have no plans to
print a new edition in the near future.  There is still a large supply in
stock and a long way to go to even reach the break even point.  The '99 30th
book was an expensive project with lots of color and a fancy coated stock
cover.  However, one of the items on our 40th anniversary reunion checklist,
IS a new roster booklet, which will of course have all the additions, owner
revisions, summaries and possibly a section with some of the more
interesting "Special '69s" stories. All the 69 Group members of course get
one at no cost.

CPF & Group Historian Dave Newell,  Group President Marvin Crook, Convention
Chair & Group VP Sarah Beltrami and Ellis are committed to making our
Reunion in Jacksonville next July an event to remember with some very
interesting activities and perks.  Dave will be on hand for one of his usual
fascinating seminars.  #5999 will be there parked next to Marvin's newly
acquired #5997 convertible.  GM has been contacted for the loan of #5620
(the famous Mitchell Monza), but that has yet to be decided due to GM's
budget issues.  Peter Uliciansky will be bringing #5876 with only 3000
miles, a twin to #6000.  Don Garlits may be on hand with his #5106
convertible.   There's a lot more up our sleeves too, including invitations
out to some of the Willow Run '69 production line management personnel, a
commemorative 40th anniversary souvenir booklet (with video?) and some "over
the top" perks for those who bring their '69s.        -- Mark Ellis