[1969] Fwd: Directional lamps not working - looking for advice

VairNut62 at aol.com VairNut62 at aol.com
Mon Jun 23 22:41:05 EDT 2008

Hi everyone,
    Can you help my friend on his '69 Corvair?

Steven Barker -  VIN #3681

____________________________________
 From: mdlynch1274 at yahoo.com
To: rjstrachte at yahoo.com, billvl at vbe.com,  wingsnow at netzero.com,
vball at newlhs.com, timpetste at earthlink.net,  printsmore at yahoo.com, onehot442 at charter.net,
joatpm at dotnet.com,  markow2 at earthlink.net, lambchop at wctc.net,
katner at sbcglobal.net,  Jim.corvairo at gmail.com, mejej at sbcglobal.net, evvair at wolfnet.net,
dhcfrank at netzero.net, judyndav at commplusis.net, gmdenamur at itol.com,
demoskeg at dotnet.com, Vairnut62 at aol.com, arndt2205 at sbcglobal.net,  janderson1 at chartermi.net
Sent: 6/23/2008 8:12:48 P.M. Central Daylight  Time
Subj: Directional lamps not working - looking for advice

Hi Gang,

Coming to you all for advice again.  This one has  me stumped.

Driving my '69 coupe the other day the blinker started  to flash very
rapidly, then stopped.  I thought, simple, just replace the  flasher unit.  Not so
simple.  I put in a known good flasher unit,  no blinkers.

I have no blinkers, front or back, either side.   Brake lights work, four-way
flashers work (different flasher unit).  When  I put the directional lever on
either left or right there are no bulbs  lighting up, neither front or back.

I pulled the directional harness and put in a  different one figuring a break
in the harness somewhere.  Still  nothing.

I cleaned all the contacts, still no directional  lights.

I got the wiring diagram out, not seeing anything that  is jumping out
telling me why none of them, front or back are  working.

I'm taking this car to Marshfield this weekend so I'd  really like blinkers.
Anyone have any thoughts?  I could really use  one or two.

Thanks,

Mike