[1969] (2) 1969's found today

corvairkid1963 corvairkid1963 at power-net.net
Fri May 16 23:42:39 EDT 2008

I did not get to drive a 69 this week, but I did find two in a junk yard today that is host to a two day auction this weekend. Bob' Auto Parts has over 1800 cars to sell this weekend (Bob died last July) and there are a few Corvairs that could be saved. I found the two 69's in the pile, one on the bottom with an early sedan on top of it and the second "twin" on the top. Both are Frost Green in and out 95/PG. The bottom one #2207 could have been saved if not for the other ones that have been stacked on top if it. The other is #0573 or maybe 0578? I did climb up the pile to look at the vin tag, but the windshield is frosted on the bottom and the plate is kinda hard to read. I could not open the deck lids to read the body tags, maybe if they are "unstacked" later I may get back to get a closer look. I am going back Sunday to see if I can buy a 57 Chevy wagon that is better than the one I am restoring.

Mark, I will send you the numbers and a pictureSat, I forgot to bring home my camera.

Pete Cimbala, #4678
Swartz Creek, Mi