[1969] Green carpet?

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Thu May 22 08:51:38 EDT 2008

The green interior color in '69's is all the same, regardless of exterior
color. It's called "medium green" and contains several shades of green on
the various surfaces.

The best color substitute in Clark's offerings is color "XL". It's not an
exact match, but as close a match from all the shades of green that he
offers. I have that color in my '69, and also have samples of the REAL
factory carpet, taken from that car when I put a/c in it back in '72. I had
to cut a small piece off the top of the toeboard area to make room for the
evaporator connection into the trunk. The sample has been stored in my file
drawer, so has had no chance of fading. The "XL" color matches reasonably
well.

-Mark

redoing the interior and cant tell if the carpet I am taking out is
original or not.  It is loop and dark green.  It wasn't in bad shape since
the car only has 49k on it but the leaky roof allowed it to get wet and
became smelly over the years.