[1969] Mark Ellis update

david robertson corvairdave at msn.com
Sun Oct 26 16:50:45 EDT 2008

Sorry, I have taken this long to post an update.  I have been hoping that there would be good news to share with you, unfortunately, that is not the case.  I've been visiting Mark every day, hoping to find him back with us, but every day is a disappointment.  Yesterday, his eyes were more open than they have been, but today he looked like he did Friday.  Not being family, the privacy rules limit how much info I can get from the hospital. I do know that despite all the testing and all the doctors who have examined him, they still do not know what is causing his condition and they don't know why he isn't improving.  It is very frustating.
I last talked to him on Tuesday the 14th and he sounded fine.  Apparently, he came down with what he thought was 'stomach flu' on Wednesday the 15th, but he never called to ask for help. I guess we all like to assume nothing serious could happen to us.  As late as last Sunday, he was able to drive to the grocery store, buy what he wanted, and make it home.  Monday, he somehow drove to the local doctor's office (in a 4 speed El Camino with a very touchy clutch, no less) and they called the rescue squad to take him to the emergency room.  Now, all they can say is that he is stable.
Please continue to remember our friend in your thoughts and prayers.
David Robertson