[1969] GM press release - OMG!

Chris Mann 69monza at avenuedesigngroup.com
Wed Apr 1 09:20:47 EDT 2009

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: 2009-04-01

GM Message from Fritz Henderson

Chevrolet Announces the All-New 2010 Corvair

New mid size automobile Features Bold Styling, Sophisticated Details and
Best-in-Class Fuel Economy

Under development for several years, and under heavy security, Chevrolet
Engineering has been testing the new chassis and engine configurations at
our proving facilities at the Holden Lang Lang Proving Grounds in Victoria,
Australia.

With the global demand for more performance and fuel efficient products, the
Chevrolet Development Team, reflected on it history for inspiration and
found the Corvair as the fitting precedent. The first public unveiling of
the new prototype will be presented at the New York International Auto Show,
Jacob Javits Convention Center, New York, N.Y., from April 10 to April 19.

Media Contact:

Happy April Foolsday

Chevrolet Communications

 <mailto:h.a.foolsday at gm.com> h.a.foolsday at gm.com

 Chevrolet is one of America's best-known and best-selling automotive
brands. With the largest dealer network in the United States, Chevrolet
delivers more-than-expected value in every vehicle category, offering cars
and trucks priced from $12,120 to $103,300. Chevy delivers expressive
design, spirited performance and great value with standard features usually
found only on more expensive vehicles. More information on Chevrolet can be
found at www.chevrolet.com.

About GM

General Motors Corp. (NYSE: GM), one of the world's largest automakers, was
founded in 1908, and today manufactures cars and trucks in 34 countries.
With its global headquarters in Detroit, GM employs 244,500 people in every
major region of the world, and sells and services vehicles in some 140
countries. In 2008, GM sold 8.35 million cars and trucks globally under the
following brands: Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, GM Daewoo, Holden,
Hummer, Opel, Pontiac, Saab, Saturn, Vauxhall and Wuling. GM's largest
national market is the U.S., followed by China, Brazil, the United Kingdom,
Canada, Russia and Germany. GM's OnStar subsidiary is the industry leader in
vehicle safety, security and information services. More information on GM
can be found at www.gm.com.

Forward-Looking Statements

In this press release and in related comments by our management, our use of
the words "expect," "anticipate," "ensure," "promote," "target," "believe,"
"improve," "intend," "enable," "continue," "will," "may," "would," "could,"
"should," "project," "projected," "positioned" or similar expressions is
intended to identify forward-looking statements that represent our current
judgment about possible future events. We believe these judgments are
reasonable, but these statements are not guarantees of any events or
financial results, and our actual results may differ materially due to a
variety of important factors. Among other items, such factors might include:
our ability to comply with the requirements of our credit agreement with the
U.S. Treasury; the availability of funding for future loans under that
credit agreement; our ability to execute the restructuring plans that we
have disclosed, our ability to maintain adequate liquidity and financing
sources and an appropriate level of debt; and changes in general economic
conditions, market acceptance of our products; shortages of and price
volatility for fuel; significant changes in the competitive environment and
the effect of competition on our markets, including on our pricing policies,
financing sources and an appropriate level of debt; and changes in general
economic conditions.

# # #

GM strives to ensure that all of the information contained in a press
release is accurate at the time it is issued. However, changes in materials,
equipment and specifications, prices, availability, etc do occur over time.
For the most up-to-date information on currently available models, please
visit  <http://www.gm.com/shop> GM.com/shop