[1969] Mark Ellis Memorial?

david robertson corvairdave at msn.com
Sun Nov 15 21:14:37 EST 2009

This past Tuesday, November 10th, was the one year anniversary of Mark Ellis' passing.  I'm embarassed to admit I had forgotten the exact date, maybe it was because the funeral was delayed because of the autopsy.  Our local chapter meeting was that night and I didn't realize it was the anniversary.  I was late getting there, so I don't know if anyone said anything about it.
I do know it was a miserable week.  Rain started falling about 5 PM Tuesday and didn't stop completely until Saturday morning.
Only my Mother's passing back in '91hit me harder than did Mark's.  The past year has been awful.  Not a day goes by that I don't think about him and wonder why this had to happen and could I have done something to stop it.  Even the autopsy didn't give us any real answers as to what happened to him.  The doctors' best guess was that the Guileen-Barre Syndrome (which leaves no physical evidence it was there) paralyzed him and then he had a series of brain bleeds (mini-strokes?) that left him brain dead.