[1969] Corvair Heritage Day

Mike Fiscus corvairmike at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 29 00:29:42 EDT 2010

Fellow Corvair Enthusiast,

I am sending this e-mail out as a reminder that the August 1st deadline for The Corvair Heritage Day sign up is quickly approaching.

We have not experienced the level of interest or enthusiasm that we anticipated when this concept was created.  I have spoken with a few people regarding the lack of interest and some have indicated that they didn’t know what The Corvair Heritage Day was or were the event would be held.

Simply stated The Corvair Heritage Day is an opportunity for Corvair clubs at the local level to create their own event to coincide with the October 2nd Corvair introduction anniversary date.

What you get for your $20 registration is a high quality Corvair Heritage Day t-shirt, dash plaque (art work attached), and a local event organized by your local chapter - the event can be whatever your club decides.  Vintage Corsa's role is only to help organize and promote Corvair Heritage Day on a topline level - all net proceeds go to CORSA.

If you or your club is interested, please send in your registration.  If you have a question, please ask.  If you have a comment or suggestion please let us know.

Thank you,

Mike Fiscus
Treasurer
Vintage CORSA of Orange County California

ATTENTION CORVAIR ENTHUSIASTS AROUND THE WORLD!

Make Plans Now For

CORVAIR HERITAGE DAY

Saturday, October 2, 2010

"A new global day of Corvair celebration!"

Vintage Corsa of Orange County

invites you to enjoy a new international Corvair event...

"CORVAIR HERITAGE DAY"

to be held annually on/near October 2nd, the Corvair's official "birthday".

CORVAIR HERITAGE DAY will serve 2 important purposes...

1)  Become an annual day of worldwide Corvair visibility and celebration for ALL Corvair enthusiasts.

2)  Serve as a new, fun, and valuable CORSA revenue resource.

- - - - - - - - -

WHAT IS IT?...CORVAIR HERITAGE DAY is your opportunity to join Corvair enthusiasts around the world in a 1-day, "All-In" global event celebrating and promoting the Chevy Corvair.  In a nutshell, October 2nd is going to become our worldwide Corvair holiday!

HOW'S IT GOING TO WORK?...Vintage Corsa will administrate the overall program.  Individual CORSA chapters are encouraged to organize a local event of their choosing that welcomes ALL Corvair enthusiasts in their area to participate.  This event can be any combination of local cruise, car show, BBQ, etc. - it doesn't really matter.  The point is to simply get together for a day of Corvair enjoyment.

WHAT'S THE GOAL?...In a nutshell, visibility, fun, camaraderie, and fundraising. This event has the potential to become the single most anticipated event of the year for ALL Corvair enthusiasts, while also supporting a great cause.  How awesome is that!?!

BUT WHAT IF I'M NOT IN A CHAPTER OR A CORSA MEMBER?... NO PROBLEM!  Hey, we respect your independence.  This is an all-inclusive CORVAIR ENTHUSIAST HOLIDAY, and we welcome your participation either individually or through your nearest local CORSA chapter.  It's up to you!

REGISTRATION FEE:  $20

YOU'LL GET...A high-quality, collectable CORVAIR HERITAGE DAY T-Shirt, a magnetic dash plaque, and the fun of participating in a new inaugural worldwide day of Corvair celebration!

CORSA GETS...$10, or 50%, from every registration fee, as well as all remaining revenues following a final budget settlement.

NOTE:  Vintage Corsa receives no financial benefit from this event.

JUST IMAGINE...Based on conversations with various Corvair vendors, there's at least a comparable number of non-CORSA vs CORSA members enjoying our hobby, which means roughly 10,000 Corvair enthusiasts overall.  If only 25% participate in this year's event, that's a new $25,000 financial injection to CORSA! - WITHOUT RAISING DUES OR REDUCING MEMBER BENEFITS!  Now we're talking!

REGISTRATION DEADLINE:  AUGUST 1ST, 2010

Official T-shirt and Dash Logo

Event Flyer (Click HERE for printable 8.5"x11" version)

TO SIGN UP...

Simply select the appropriate registration form in the right-hand column, and return completed form and fee by August 1st to:

CORVAIR HERITAGE DAY

c/o Vintage Corsa

P.O. 1536

Brea, CA  92822

DOWNLOADABLE EVENT FORMS HERE!

GLOVEBOX FLYER...Help us promote this event!  Print out copies of this form and distribute at your local Corvair events.  3 flyers per sheet.

CHAPTER REGISTRATION LIST...A chapter representative should download and save this Excel spreadsheet to their computer to build their chapter's participation list.  The columns auto-calculate.  Independent Corvair enthusiasts are encouraged to enjoy this event with their nearest CORSA chapter.  Aside from the fun, you'll also save a few extra dollars on shipping!

CHAPTER REGISTRATION LIST - SAMPLE...This sample version shows how to fill out the form.

INDIVIDUAL REGISTRATION FORM...If participating with a local chapter just isn't an option for you, use this form to sign up!  Print it out, and return bottom portion with your registration and shipping fee.