[1969] '69 e-Group Revival Recap

jcwingle at comcast.net jcwingle at comcast.net
Mon Nov 15 09:32:40 EST 2010

Well said Dave. As the saying goes, put up or shut up and I suppose that could explain my nomination for group treasurer...I'd be honored to accept if the group will have me. At least it's one box we can check off on our to-do list to get this thing up and running again. I could not be more thrilled to be a part of it. Thank you.

Just a quick background on me......I'm 40 yrs old and have been a Corvair fanatic since I saw my first one from the school bus window at age 12, a 63 700 sedan. I purchased my first Corvair at age 15, a 69 500 basket case which then multiplied into a nice driver 69 Frost Green on green Monza coupe [Get the 1969 trend??]...Since then I have owned probably about 16 Corvairs of all years and models, my favorites always being the 69's. I currently own number 5540, a Glacier Blue Monza coupe and plan to keep it forever since it's without a doubt the best Corvair I have ever owned. I'm hoping someday to also own along side of it a bare bones 69 500 and, of course one of the 521 Monza convertibles built that very last year [sigh].

I'm encouraged by the amount of support the group is getting. I had all but written it off. Let's get to work!

Thanks,

John Wingle