[1969] Museum Plans

corvairkid1963 at power-net.net corvairkid1963 at power-net.net
Fri Dec 9 00:12:57 EST 2011

Fellow 69ers, The CPF Staff is working on future museum display ideas. One thing we would like to do is place two Corvairs on display, something we call "book ends" one would be a 60 and the other a 69. At this time we have placed 5999 in the Chevrolet Hall of Fame Museum in Decatur, IL and plan to add a 60 and other CPF artifacts to enhance our Corvair exhibit. This type of display can work in many museums in other parts of the country, and this is where the 69 Group can help. When we select a museum to set up an exhibit it would be nice to have a local member loan their 69 or 60 for the six months or one year time frame. Since the CPF owns only one 69 (5999) and it is in Decatur and one 60 (Super Monza) in Ypsilanti, we may ask for other museum quality Corvairs to complete our exhibits. A 61 and 68 could also be used, the idea here is to show the public what the first and second generation Corvairs looked like. The CPF Staff will be looking over museum details as they beco!
me available and will keep everyone up to date of future developments.

Pete Cimbala, CPF Museum Curator
5817 Glacier Blue Monza Coupe