[1969] Convertible for sale

david robertson corvairdave at msn.com
Tue May 3 18:46:57 EDT 2011

Since it has become obvious I will never be able to afford to restore this car properly, I have decided to let it go.  This was Mark Ellis' project car, 0085.  Before his sudden, mysterious illness, he had completely disassembled it, cut out much of the rusty metal and wire brushed and primed much of the underside.  I reassembled it hurriedly so it could be moved, but it does run (has a '69 110 from a junk coupe), the matching # PG transaxle works (I installed new seals, but the cable I used leaks), parking brake works, and it steers.  69 crossmember is solid, but the sheetmetal shield was rusted badly and was removed.  Car has lots of rust and dents, but is still structurally sound and has no major collision damage.  Trunk is good.  Comes with full set of useable Clark's floor pans and many patch panels Mark and I cut off a '68 500.
The OE 110 engine had head and piston damage when we took it apart, but the case, crank, cam & lifters look good (car only had 55K on it when parked in early 70's) and come with car.  Comes with pretty decent blue interior (no carpet or boot).  OE top was rotted, but frame is intact.  No windshield, but has good clear side glass.  Nice dash
VA title is in my name, but his widow put wrong mileage on title and DMV refused to correct it, but it really is a low mileage car.
Car will have to be trailered.  I'm in the near suburbs of Richmond, Virginia.  Asking $1000, but all offers considered.
Thanks, David Robertson 804/266-7295 corvairdave at msn.com