[1969] #4565

john williams williams.john006 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 12:53:20 EDT 2015

Hi,

    My name is John and I'm about 72 hours away from becoming an
official Corvair owner...the car in question is #4565 and she presently
wears a coat of maroon paint on her rather well maintained body and shes
almost completely restored bumper-to-bumper.
    I'll be sending all the specific data you normally need for such
inquiries (photos/comp.VIN etc) as soon as shes transferred into my name.

    a little about me: I'm an International Harvester,/ 60's Mopar/
Lincoln Continental fan...
I own;
'61 Dodge Polara 4-door hard-top daily-driver survivor.
'68 International B1200 4x4 pickup on a ground-up late 20th century
restoration with mild mods.
'78 International Scout daily driver, 100% original including original
body decals placed there by 'Jack Ellis Glendale Chrysler Plymouth' in Ca.
...and...
/up until last May,/ a completely original '63 Lincoln Continental that
I am honored to have given to my uncle in So. Cal.
    Parting with the Lincoln left more of a hole in my lineup than I
expected. Now, cars don't normally 'call-out-to-me' like #4565 did last
week, but once I saw her I just HAD to have her.
...the 'no-post' look of a 2 door coupe with windows down is SO unlike
anything else on the road today... it oddly resembles my Dodge in the
respect of not having that post between front and back seats...a very
subtle and subjective visual detail that really catches my attention in
ways I can't describe...

    anyways...I know you'll need more info on the car to start any
further discussions about it...I'm just jumping the gun (like a kid in a
candy store) because I could not wait to contact you.

    ...details on car to follow by the end of the week...

bye for now...   JW