<CORSA Chapters> Promoting Convention Attendence

Bill Hubbell Bill Hubbell" <whubbell@umich.edu
Tue, 13 Apr 2004 18:10:57 -0400

At tonight's monthly TCC meeting I will be giving a 30 minute "tech session"
on attending Corvair conventions, using the CORSA International Convention
as the model and mentioning that the others are similar but with less
content.  I have written an outline for the talk, included below, should you
wish to use it for your own club meetings.

Note: the original document is in Word format and looks much better than the
plain text version!

Bill Hubbell
TCC President 2003-2004
CORSA Eastern Division Director Candidate 2004

"No Corvairs were harmed in the typing of this message"

"So Much to Do, So Little Time"

A Guide to attending Corvair Conventions

By

Bill Hubbell

April 13, 2004

  1.. "Getting There is Half the Fun!"
  2.. Welcome and Registration
    1.. Programs
    2.. T-Shirts
    3.. Dash Plaques
    4.. Welcome Party
    5.. Parade!
    6.. Hospitality Room
      1.. Food & Drink
      2.. Games and Puzzles
      3.. Door Prizes
  3.. Tours
    1.. Local Car/Corvair sites
    2.. Scenic Wonders
    3.. Shopping!
    4.. Cruises!
  4.. Indoor Vendors
    1.. Parts & Service - Major and Minor vendors - New and NOS
    2.. Corvair Collectibles
    3.. Corvair clothing
    4.. Specialty Services (Radio/Speedometer, etc.)
  5.. Flea Market
    1.. NOS and used parts; rare finds!
    2.. The art of the deal!
  6.. Corvairs for Sale!
  7.. Tech Sessions
    1.. Tech Tips
    2.. Detailing Tips
  8.. Meetings:
    1.. Competition pre-meetings: Judges and/or Participants
    2.. Specialty Club meetings
      1.. V-8 Vairs
      2.. Air-Vairs (A/C)
      3.. 1969 Vairs
      4.. Virtual Vairs
      5.. Corvanatics (FCs)
      6.. Oil Filter Collectors
      7.. Group Ultravan
    3.. CORSA Meetings:
      1.. Newsletter Editors
      2.. Chapter Officers
      3.. CORSA Preservation Foundation (all)
      4.. CORSA Annual meeting (all)
  9.. Official Competitions
    1.. Concours d' Elegance
      1.. Classification and Unit 6
    2.. Peoples' Choice Car Display
    3.. Econo-Run
    4.. Rally
    5.. Autocross
      1.. Tech Inspection
      2.. Racing!
    6.. Model Cars
    7.. Cole Competition = Best overall in all events
  10.. Unofficial Competitions
    1.. Pre-Convention Race
    2.. Valve Cover Races
    3.. Bumper Car Races
  11.. Awards Banquet
    1.. Table Assignments
    2.. Cocktail Hour
    3.. Food and Drink
    4.. Roll Call of Chapters
    5.. Awards
      1.. Competition Awards (see above)
      2.. Hard Luck Award
      3.. Long Distance Award
      4.. Special Awards:
        1.. Bill Mitchell Award: Top score in Concours
        2.. Preservation Award(s): Top score(s) in Factory Stock
        3.. Cole Award: Highest all-around score in all events
  12.. Homeward Bound