<CORSA Chapters> Corsa Tent/display another long post

Flat6Vair Flat6Vair at insightbb.com
Sat Mar 5 10:28:30 EST 2005

Another topic on VV was the CORSA tent/Display.  Basically the CORSA tent is
a pop-up tent plus a few other pieces that may be used by chapters and CORSA
to promote both CORS and the local chapters.  It is usually seen at the
convention shading the Display Car Chairpersons . -- OK,  where the ballot
box for the display cars is located.

Seems we all forget it is available for chapter use.  Someone, maybe Sarah
Jones, posted the shipping arrangements which i must admit, were slightly
different that I recollected.  Regardless, the local chapter is usually
responsible for shipping one-way; such as to the next destination.  The tent
is not light, and a bit awkward in size.  PCCA has used the display
successfully.

Bryan Blackwell post the following -- which make great sense to me.    It
lets one person advertise the Display <and maybe this list as well>  to get
better use of the display at various events around the country.  Currently,
the tent is located in Portland.

"One significant project we are in process of implementing is an
operations guide with sections for *everything*.  The idea then being
that a new volunteer has two things - one, a list of fairly well
delineated jobs, and second, a good guide of how to accomplish a given
task.  All this then goes on our website.  I know some of this already
exists for the big CORSA functions, but I perhaps a lot of little ones
like this aren't documented.

In terms of the CORSA display, reading all the posts I see just such a
job description coming together, something like "CORSA display
coordinator":

General responsibility is to set up a schedule of events for the CORSA
display and coordinate the transportation, staffing, and materials
needed for the display.

1 - Actively seek CORSA chapters who wish to use the display at a
public event and are willing to receive, set up, man, break down, and
ship out the CORSA display and related materials.

2 - Arrange transportation (via commercial shipper or CORSA member) to
the chapter POC, and if possible have the display shipped directly from
one event to the next.

3 - Set up a standard stock of items and a post-use form so chapters
finished with the display can identify items used so those items can be
sent to the next user to restock the display.

4 - Transmit either by mail or electronically a set of usage documents
to the chapter POC prior to their event to include set up, tear down,
storage, and ship by date.

That's one way of doing it.  If somebody wants to handle this, perhaps
volunteering to do this (or some modified version) to the BOD would
receive a positive answer.  I'll add that after the first year things
would probably get pretty easy since a number of the events, and
perhaps members moving the display, would be the same year to year.

--Bryan"

Is someone on this forum willing to talk with Prez Sarah further?  Maybe
posting a schedule on the Corsa web site somewhere? <maybe
www.corsa.org/chapters/displaytent   >    just a thought.

comments?
a Volunteer??????

tim mahler
PCCA,  Secretary, past president, Current Editor