<CORSA Chapters> Club policy about CORSA

Harry Jensen hljensen at comcast.net
Wed Nov 30 13:35:48 EST 2005

Hiya--

Yes, there are other chapters who require CORSA membership. As Bill has
said, Tidewater does. So does your neighbor to the north: CORSA/N.C. Cactus
Corvair Club requires CORSA membership and I think Silicon Valley CORSA
does (although they have some non-CORSA members grand-fathered in), Rocky
Mountain CORSA does, and some more.

There are also some chapters who charge the non-CORSA members a higher dues
rate than the CORSA members, in part because they receive benefits from
CORSA such as insurance.

I think CORSA is unique in allowing its chapters to make the decision
themselves. I think most other national organizations require chapter
members to be national members. There are some organizations which require
local membership when they join the national (SCCA).

--H