<CORSA Chapters> Logos - plaques, t-shirts, etc

aeroned at aol.com aeroned at aol.com
Thu Oct 13 11:26:58 EDT 2005

 You really need to be careful because "Cool" is very subjective. If you were to design a logo or T-shirt that a sixteen year old thinks is cool you may alienate the 40+ year olds. After all how old are the majority of participants?

Of course that is an extreme. We are very fortunate to have a member of our club who works for a graphic arts company. This is a great help for two reasons. First, she has access to real artists with talent, unlike me and second, she gets us a great discount on the setup cost as well as actual merchandise.

She had the artists come up with several alternate logos for our chapter. The general membership voted on the logos which include the original. The new logo was overwhelmingly selected, (a combination of the 60 nose bar and a turbo badge, you can see it at:  http://www.corvair.org/chapters/chapter672/index.html ). We have this logo on shirts and jackets that have received several compliments from both other Corvair clubs and the public in general. I consider that to be a measure of "cool".

She also had the artists come up with two graphics for our Great Plains Corvair Roundup. The first is a general logo that showed a map of the region (Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma) with stars to indicate the location of the four clubs as well as their individual logos. You can see this logo at: http://www.corvair.org/chapters/chapter672/GPCR1.html The second graphic is basically a drive-in marquee with the name of the event that was surrounded by different Corvair models, palm trees (in Kansas?) and a car hop. This graphic was used on the back of the T-shirts and used very vibrant colors (I can send you a picture if you'd like to see the graphic). These shirts were bought and worn by participants of all ages. We sold out of the T-shirt and are making another run to fill extra orders. I would consider that another measure of "cool".

Ned Madsen
MCCA - President
Wichita, Kansas