<CORSA Chapters> News from the CORSA President

tim mahler flat6vair at insightbb.com
Fri Dec 1 07:10:04 EST 2006

News from the CORSA President

preamble

As a newsletter editor for my local chapter, I know some months the articles
from members can be quite sparse. So I thought I'd write a paragraph or
three to the chapter officers email list to keep the Chapters up to date,
and to let something different be printed in the local newsletters. Of
course, I am assuming the editors monitor the email list, if not please
forward to them if you find these notes worthy of printing in your
newsletter. Of course, an option is to read this note and discard
immediately. There are no strings attached. How often I write may vary on
the topics at hand. But hopefully at least once a quarter.

News from the CORSA President, Tim Mahler

The membership committee and I have been discussing CORSA, and Chapter,
membership numbers. The discussion started with the current new member
incentive (expires Dec 31, 2006) that offers a Corvair Basics book set to
those just joining CORSA. This works to attract some members but most are
unaware of the promotion because it is published in the Communique and not
the newsletters or other outside publications. Getting the word out is
difficult, because we do tend to forget when we meet people on the street.
Maybe having coupons handy to hand out at shows would work?

The other problem is retaining members who are older with limited interest
in maintaining a Corvair but still like the Corvair people - local and/or
national. These individuals and others who have limited incomes must decide
if it is really worth the membership fee.

Chuck Armer, tri-membership chair from Georgia, has suggested that a chapter
could elect to provide a free or reduced cost membership to some of the
chapters members who could benefit from such an offer. I have noted that a
few chapters already do something similar. I wish I could remember which
chapters are offering these to give them proper praise. The chapter could
use a drawing to award frequent meeting attendees a reduced or free
membership - CORSA or chapter or both. Your chapters financial health is the
only limiting item.