<CORSA Chapters> Corvairs at Amelia Island

chevrobilia at juno.com chevrobilia at juno.com
Thu Dec 21 20:06:17 EST 2006

Hi all,
Yes, the Pininfarina Corvair will be there along with the Corvair
experimental cars from GM: Monza GT; Monza SS; Astro I and the Super
Spyder. They'll all be part of a special "Rare Vairs" exhibit that will
also feature a Fitch Sprint, a Yenko Stinger race car and the Fitch
Phoenix.

I'm sure that most of you are aware of the prestige and publicity that
the Amelia Island Concours has earned. The absolute cream of the classic
and sports collector cars are drawn there every year, and GM is noted for
its participation. To have the Corvair featured there is nothing short of
spectacular.

How did it happen? Well, their Founder and organizer, Bill Warner, once
owned a '64 Spyder Coupe and has a soft spot for them.  He contacted
Larry Claypool earlier this month looking for the Pininfarina Corvair and
Larry got him in touch with Weston through me.

It'll be a terrific show! Mike McGowan has the info and I'm sure he'll
want to run something about it in the Communique.

In the meantime I'd suggest you don't all start besieging the concours
for more information since this info is ahead of their publicity and any
public announcement. That's why Larry and I have held off making any
postings about it.

Dave Newell

More info at the Corvair center.  Short -- March 9-11, concours on the
11th,
the very unique Pininfarina bodied 1963 Corvair will be at Amelia Island
Concours. This is near Jacksonville Florida.  Good excuse to go to
florida
in March.   Any chapters / members in the area should try to visit the
show,
and say hi to Weston Hook.

http://corvaircenter.com/phorum/read.php?1,52694

tim mahler