<CORSA Chapters> Monthly note from the president

tim mahler flat6vair at insightbb.com
Tue Apr 3 20:37:47 EDT 2007

The Keystone Corvair Club has adopted the power-train display at the Grice
Museum in PA. The club schedules a day to come in and mop the floors, clean
and wax the 1960 that Pete Koehler has on loan and clean the engine display.
The Club tried to get the engine display running last year but something is
wrong with the (electric) drive motor. Thanks Keystone Corvair Club.

Could others chapters help with CPF exhibits? Possibly. At the moment, there
is not a specific need similar to the power-train display. However, there
are other projects in the discussion or pre-action phase that could use some
assistance with fund-raising.

One such project under discussion is the Fitch demonstration Sprint; a
unique Sprint indeed. The project has not been approved as we are trying to
make sure we know most of the costs, first, before proceeding. When the
numbers are in, and the needs are known, expect me to appeal for help.

For now, remember the CPF, I'm betting Ken Schifftner still has CPF pins for
donations from individuals. Visit the Ypsilanti museum, home of many of the
CPF exhibits, this summer during the convention. Most importantly, drive
your unique Corvair.

Tim Mahler CORSA/CPF president