<CORSA Chapters> Re: [Corsabod] Econo rules

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 12 09:32:46 EDT 2007

I understand that the reason throwaway's are marked "not to be used on the
drive wheels" is because the car's ABS. The huge disparity of rolling
radius between throwaways and real tires is too much for ABS to handle, and
it could possibly make the car undrivable. This is not to mention the wear
on the spider gears in the transaxle weren't meant to do that much spinning
under load.

-Mark

 I just read the Econo rules on the CORSA web site. Fist I have never
participated in a Econo Run.
The present rules seem to cover most areas.

One of the things that jumped out at me was street legal. There has been
quite a bit of remarks about running space saving spare tires in the Econ
Run.
These are for TEMPORY use. Space saving spare tires have warning labels on
them. On my Cavalier it states not be used on the drive wheels. Do not use
at
speeds over 45 mph. To me, using four space saving spare tires are not
"street
legal" or save.

At events that have an Econ Run it seems like the talk is how the
participants can cheat and get way with it. Some are out to win no matter
what and some
just want to have fun.
To me, the current rules need to enforced to ensure the cars are "street
legal" and safe.

Dexter