<CORSA Chapters> Sharing Chapter Members

tim mahler flat6vair at insightbb.com
Mon Jan 1 09:48:01 EST 2007

News from the CORSA President

I always have more fun at a car show, cruise-in, tour or chapter meeting
when there are to plenty of Corvairs and Corvair enthusiasts in attendance.
The more the merrier. A large assembly of Corvairs in one location at a Car
show draws attention from the visitors especially when we manage to have
most of the Corvair models represented.. A club that looks active, alive and
well attracts new members faster than one that looks like it is fading away.

Getting better attendance at chapter meetings and events is largely a
function of higher membership numbers. One means to increase those
membership numbers is to share members with a sister chapter. This happens
regardless of our efforts, but encouraging it may actually help attendance
in various events through direct marketing, via the newsletters, to active
members from that sister chapter.

Corsa Treasurer Tony Vizyak told me about the associate member program that
his chapters have, Vacation Land Corvairs and Friends of Corvair. Tony is a
full fledge dues paying member in chapter A, and is an associate member in
chapter B. The dues for an associate member are lower, enough to cover
newsletter expenses. This makes it easier for the same members to join
multiple chapters. Being a CORSA member and a full member in a sister
chapter makes you eligible to be an associate member.

It is an interesting idea that may work to increase participation in local
events. Which, in turn, could lead to new members as your chapter is now
more visible. And its more fun. Tim,  CORSA President