<CORSA Chapters> Upcoming Board election/CPF Scholarship

tim mahler flat6vair at insightbb.com
Thu Mar 1 20:25:22 EST 2007

The April edition of the Communique should contain the CORSA/CPF board
elections candidate statements. I would like to encourage everyone to read
those statements, give them some thought, maybe even discuss it before or
after a chapter meeting. Most candidates are not widely known, so a group
discussion may help.

To help encourage everyone to vote, and save a few cents, my local chapter,
and others, has collected the ballots and mailed them in mass to the CORSA
secretary. It does eliminate the argument that I didn't vote because I didn't
have a postcard stamp and didn't want to waste a 39 cent stamp.

These candidates will help direct the club for the next 3 years and beyond.
I, personally, think CORSA will survive long into the future. We need the
membership to provide input to help make that happen.

Another Note: The CPF Scholarship program.

Every year, the CPF awards a scholarship to a young person to help with the
many costs of attending college. It is aimed primary at students who are
attending College for the first time. The scholarship is based on merit -
grade point average, character, leadership. The scholarship committee
encourages anyone that may be eligible to submit an application, more
information should be in the Communique. Eligible students include any CORSA
member in good standing (your dues are paid) or child, grandchild, or ward
of a member in good standing.

Thanks, tim mahler, CORSA/CPF president.