<CORSA Chapters> Corvair at meetings

Steve Goodman rearengine.steve at worldnet.att.net
Thu May 31 23:16:48 EDT 2007

Hello all:
I belong to two clubs, RMC (Denver) has a short (hopefully) general meeting
on a
Friday night at a local CHEV dealer and then some entertainment and a time
for
questions and tech show and tell.  Somehow we have lost the ability to get
everyone to drive their Corvairs, even in the summertime.  Many will if the
weather is near perfect.  Some will drive their Corvair regardless of the
weather.

PPCC (Colorado Springs) has a brunch meeting on a Sunday with little tech
stuff,
just food and a meeting and some visiting.  A number of members will drive
their
cars and some even if the weather is bad.

RMC tried a 'points' system for a couple of years, points for attending
meetings/events
and driving a Corvair and probably many of you reading this can guess who
was the
winner each year.  Finally by me missing several events another person won
but
then the idea was dropped.  It didn't seem to make much difference to the
members
because they couldn't be bribed to attend/drive their car anyway.

The above should NOT read as a negative, both clubs have a pretty good
attendance.
I think each president does a good job of doing their job and it is simply
out of the
reach of some of the members to attend.  Several of our members have cars in
various
stages of building so they can't drive them until finished.

Unlike Ned and his 'pie in the sky' wish for 100%, I would settle for 99%
but I doubt
that it will happen.  I do like Neds' idea of featuring a different Corvair
model at the
meeting each month, a very novel idea.

Best to all, Steve