<CORSA Chapters> Chapter Reports -- Qs / Poll

AeroNed at aol.com AeroNed at aol.com
Thu Dec 25 00:31:09 EST 2008

In a message dated 12/24/2008 6:55:52 A.M. Central Standard Time,
flat6vair at comcast.net writes:

Should  CORSA eliminate the "filing fee"?
Should CORSA eliminate the chapter report  altogether ?
If yes, How will the chapter information be (insured to be)  kept up to date?

Just sitting around waiting for Santa to arrive....Merry Christmas  everyone!

The filing fee/chapter report is one of my pet peeves (OK maybe not that
strong)about CORSA chapters. The $25 seems way too low, when was the last time
it was increased. I've heard that chapters have sub-chapters for their none
CORSA members just to avoid paying the fee. Our insurance needs a list of
members for coverage? What if a guest needs the insurance or maybe even a passer
by?

If it were up to me, I'd require that every member of the local chapters be
members of the national. Dues would be paid to CORSA who would then pass the
local share of the dues on to the chapter. Many other groups, car clubs and
others, use this format. This would give CORSA a list of each chapter's members
 directly. I would also like to see chapters offer discounts for CORSA
members  (or increased rates for non-members) at events or dues under the current
system.

I know that this type of dues system is unpopular with many local members.
These are mostly those that wouldn't join CORSA for whatever reason. Given the
financial situation CORSA is and has been in for the past few years,
something  needs to change. How much would dues have to increase to break even? What
services would our members be willing to give up? How many members would this
cost?

Anyhow, I think it's time for Santa do get to work. I hope that the
Christmas season is as joyful for all of you as it is for me. I also wish you  all a
wonderful and Corvair fun filled 2009!

Ned

Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now.