<CORSA Chapters> Another Q or two

Steve Goodman rearengine.steve at worldnet.att.net
Sat Dec 27 19:08:23 EST 2008

Hello Bill, haven't heard from you in a while.  Also Gary and I know each
other
and the only reason I say this is to make sure no one is offended by
comments
that any of us make.

The idea of commercial outside advertising has been suggested many times in
the past.  I wish I could figure out what kind of advertiser would feel that
the
dollars were worth the 'bang' in a magazine that caters to a very distinct
group
of owners.  Possibly collector car insurance or tire/wheel builders and
maybe
some suspension shops that still have Corvair parts like ADDCO.  When you
look at magazines like Grassroot Motorsport they have every business in
the country advertising but they cater to anything that can be put on a
track.
They also have a separate 'sales' office and I am sure those folks work on
commision, something that Harry/Mike may not be able to fit into their
already busy day.

Don't misunderstand, I am not trying to give negative vibes here.  Through
all of the years of CORSA ideas have brandished over getting more money
into the club.  I have never seen that many ever work out but it isn't
because
folks aren't trying.

Gary I understand the 'misguided' logic of saying only a few more dollars,
it
is a commonly used phrase.   Sadly everything keeps going up in price and
there probably isn't an end in sight, at least in the near future.  I feel
lucky
that I have still have a viable business and realize that many are on fixed
incomes or out of work and believe me I feel badly for all of them.

One quick comment on mandatory membership:  RMC built it into the
constitution the first time around in the 70s and has stayed with it since.
don't recall anyone saying that they wouldn't join because of the mandatory
rule.  PPCC built it into their constitution several years ago that new
members
must also join CORSA, it hasn't stopped new members from joining.  'Nuff
said, we can beat this to death as has been done in the past many times.

Most everyone reading this knows that the Corvair and CORSA have been
my life since the 60s.  I will do anything possible to ensure that
everything
keeps going strong.

Happy holidays to all,
Sincere regards, Steve