<CORSA Chapters> Enforced CORSA membership

Steve Goodman rearengine.steve at worldnet.att.net
Thu Feb 14 23:22:46 EST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: tim mahler <flat6vair at insightbb.com>
To: Dennis PLEAU <ddpleau at msn.com>; Gary Swiatowy <mopar at jbcs2.net>;
<chapters at corvair.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2008 4:24 PM
Subject: Re: <CORSA Chapters> Enforced CORSA membership

> Nicely worded Dennis.    I would like to know if their is a way to get the
> non CORSA chapter member to be a CORSA member.  Some are only social
> members,  former Corvair enthusiasts who are more interested in the local
> social group. others ???
>
> tim

Hello all:  I have written this before but will try to condense it here
again.  Rocky Mountain
Corsa (Denver, Co) has had a mandatory CORSA membership for many years.  If
someone wants to join RMC they are told at the beginning that the club
bylaws dictate
joining CORSA at the same time.   I have never heard of a prospective new
member
who turned away from RMC because of the madatory ruling although it is
possible.

Pikes Peak Corvair Club (Colorado Springs, Co) which I also belong
instituted the same
rule a number of years ago.  They 'grandfathered' any existing member who
did NOT
want to join CORSA but any new member must join.  I haven't heard of anyone
who
has walked away without joining for that reason.

Unfortunately for the BOD, the survey sheets that were filled out by RMC
were all
completed by CORSA members, there were no guests at the last meeting.  Same
applies at the PPCC meeting last Sunday.  There was the question posed by
one
person about the $38 cost for CORSA but he was quickly answered by numerous
members as to the good reasons for spending the money as well as how little
the
amount really is in todays' world.

Regards, Steve Goodman
(member of CORSA since 1969)