<CORSA Chapters> Membership renewals/ Poll

Joel Rushworth joel at cybrus.net
Thu Jan 3 11:27:41 EST 2008

Tim,

WCC has been a little lax as of late with the whole newsletter/renewals
thing.

However, what we used to do was tie renewals in with our annual show,
whenever it was.  There were multiple discounts depending on the options one
choose.

IE -  Membership only was $20
	Membership AND Corsa was $15
	Membership AND Corsa AND show attendance was $10

Plus the cost of the CORSA Membership and the show fee of course.

Doing it tied in with CORSA Memberships and the show added up to some pretty
big cheques once T-shirts, etc was factored in.  I always worried about
that, but nobody ever seemed to complain.  One benefit I do feel it had was
choice.

As a salesperson by trade I always endevour to offer my customers a "choice
to buy".  So in this case, the choice was Membership/Corsa/Show, and any
combination of the three.  But almost always, it was a choice to "buy"
something.  Not simply, it's renewal time, "do I pay my dues or not".

The other thing I felt worked well by doing dues at the annual show, (which
because of the large geographic region WCC covers, would generally be the
only time we had a chance to meet face to face) I had a second shot at
getting Membership or CORSA Membership from those that had originally
choosen to only sign up for the show from the mail-out.

Regards,
Joel