<CORSA Chapters> Poll update 2

tim mahler flat6vair at insightbb.com
Thu Jan 3 21:05:02 EST 2008

Up to 20 chapters responding.  Added a category -- based on the responses.

Jan 1 renewals                      - 11
Set date annual   renewals     - 6
1 year anniversary renewals  - 3

Primary reason stated for set date (jan 1 or others)  is ease of book
keeping
Primary advantage of annual renewals seems to be steady cash flow.

I was curious about who ask on or at time of renewal/new application  if
they want to join CORSA.
>From the responses I have deciphered that 8  do this somewhere on the
application  or include a CORSA application with the chapter application --
I think PCCA will join that crowd.

The responses also tended to indicate (which is OK,  i learned something
else, always good)  if the chapter requires CORSA membership or just
enocurage (sometimes strongly)  membership in CORSA.
16 chapters encourage,   4 require membership.   Of the 4 that require,  2
indicated that it is not necessarily strickly enforced.

One message stated the encouragement nicely (I forgot to ask if it was OK to
repost -- so I will re-word it)  the chapter wants to attract the new
members, and get them involved,  if it takes a while for them to join CORSA,
ok.   I think the key they, in my mind,  is get them involved.  Turns a
casual member into a long term member.

still 100 chapters that have not responded -- OK to send to me direct or to
the list.   Some of the options used by other chapters are interesting. --
renewal at the car show is good.

thanks all
tim mahler
PCCA