<CORSA Chapters> Membership, dues and such

Ellison, Barry BEllison at fiberweb.com
Fri Mar 14 09:38:05 EDT 2008

> Well,   the note was note meant to repeat the mandatory vs voluntary
> membership debate

[<Barry>] Understood, but if want to increase membership, there's no sense
in running off the ones you do have, nor giving bad publicity.  We cannot
have it.  We should all deem it as unacceptable behavior.

> It was intended to encourage all of us,  myself included,  to talk to our
> fellow chapter members about joining CORSA.   There is a large potential
> for more members,  many are not club member types,  others are.

[<Barry>] Agreed, and we do, and we will continue.  But, it's not something
you can shout about at every event, every meeting.  If someone approaches me
at every opportunity and says, "hey, have you thought about joining
CORSA?"... I wouldn't be around long.  Instead, try, "Hey, check out this
really cool technical article in the communiqué on your problem."

Again..."More bees with honey".

> What about the others?     What is the reason for the 60 year old with 2-5
> Corvairs,  who attends the local shows,  for not wanting to join CORSA?
> Communique arrives in pieces?  No other CORSA events that they attend?
> Mad at CORSA home office?  Mad at the Board?   Or just didn't know?

[<Barry>] I do think the membership is getting older and can travel less,
fuel cost isn't helping.  My dad is in that category.  He's in CORSA though
so doesn't count.  Even he just went to Myrtle Beach though!

My brother runs a 'vair shop in the Greenville SC area.  He has numerous
customers that are not members of the local either.  In fact, most of his
business doesn't come from the local club but other Corvair owners instead.
I will discuss it with him to ask some stats.

This message and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential information and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your system. E mail may be susceptible to data corruption, interception and unauthorized amendment, and we do not accept liability for any such occurrence or the consequences of it.

This message has been scanned by MCI Managed Email Content Service.