<CORSA Chapters> Craigslist

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Fri Nov 14 13:03:32 EST 2008

Hi all,

For those of you who haven't looked, craigslist.org is an online want
ad site, broken out by city.  If you had one of those "Want Ad" or
"Thrify Nickel" ad books, this is basically the same thing on a web
site.  Anyway, Harry Yarnell recently posted about a Corvair on the
DC area site, so I went over and searched for "Corvair".  There are
several there now, so I sent all the owners the following:

"I saw your ad on Craigslist, I'm the President of the local Corvair
club, thought I'd drop you a note with my contact information that
you could pass along to the new owner of your Corvair.  We have
monthly meetings and can help someone new to Corvairs get information
and assistance in finding parts and doing repairs, along with having
events to enjoy our cars.  Good luck with your sale!"

Thought I'd pass this along, it may help you pick up some new
members.  One of the folks I wrote to has another Corvair in addition
to the one he's selling, he's planning on coming to our next meeting.

--Bryan

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
http://autoxer.skiblack.com/
   Corvairs: '61 Lakewood, '64 Greenbrier, '65 Corsa, '66 Corsa