<CORSA Chapters> FW: Opportunity to show your FC in a Corvair 50th anniversary disp lay

Greg Scarboro scarboro at trgpsc.com
Fri Aug 7 09:05:54 EDT 2009

HEY GUYS, great news Cathy has committed her car to bowling green.
Yesterday--Unbelievable. 1100-miles one way. And yesterday John Gundlach's
64 spyder convertible from Saxon, pa is also coming!!!. The generosity  and
sacrifices the Corvair people make never ceases to amaze me.--- we have a
wonderful diverse field w/ a couple of standby's (Pete Koehler has an
assortment to fill in a gap if needed) just in case some unforeseen happens
what a great ace in the hole to have.  BUT NONE OF YOU CANCEL!!! Can you
imagine, ok you got  certain years and models committed from the start and
then they pull out a week ago and you got to replace or revamp the list and
fill in w/ something different, then try not to duplicate because you can't
,you only have 12 spots, and then you want really really nice cars, and you
have to rely on word of mouth because some of them you have never seen
before, and then you want as close to stock as possible, and then they have
to be in your neck of the woods, or be willing to travel across country at
their own expense just to show the world how wonderful and underrated this
quirky little automobile is.  So, I'm back to full circle, it never ceases
to amaze me how wonderful Corvair people are!!!! And I'm sure that when it
is all said and done there will be a certain model missing, All of these are
very beautiful cars.  I'm still looking for a
rampside!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got a lot of other things to do the
upcoming weeks and im starting to fill the pinch.  A lot of details to work
out like, how much room left for display cases, finding display cases that
match if at all, car info printed and mounted, gathering memorabilia,
getting back w/ the museum w/ questions I still have, etc. etc.--- you guys
who haven't given me a car description yet, please get it to me, I would
like to cross it off my list.  I AM STARTING TO HAVE FUN NOW!!! Startin to
feel like the week before the 04 convention, the problem is I can't control
this, just hope everyone shows.----I got to get back to work, work--- bill
Hubbell and Pete, I will forward on some pictures of Cathy's car. You were
interested in it earlier.  Pay close attention  to the original bill of
sales, I love the trade in.---Larry, I will phone you hopefully this weekend
and ruin your Sunday dinner, just to touch base w/ you on a couple of
things. Also whoever is coming and wants to stay Thursday/ Friday Oct 1st.
Dave diedrichs told me last night that there is a huge ford show that
weekend at beach bend amusement park just a few miles away, so you might
want to make hotel arrangements soon.  The NCM told me yesterday that the
motel 8 is directly across from the museum and exit 22 off of I-65 is just a
few miles down has numerous hotels.---other than that, chapter presidents,
write your letters, the 12 (I haven't come up w/ a catch phrase yet)  can't
be the dirty dozen, I'll let you all work on the name!!!!  and the 12 get me
your info------have a great day---  thanks again everyone--- Greg