<CORSA Chapters> Membership question -- 100% vs Not. Chapter level

Vairtec Corporation Vairtec at optonline.net
Mon Dec 14 16:19:48 EST 2009

Responding as president of NJACE:

> Does your chapter require CORSA membership?

No
> Have you discussed 100% CORSA membership in you chapter meetings?

Yes
> Would your chapter support 100% CORSA membership?

If put up for a local member vote at this time, no.

Now, responding as an individual:

I believe that there exists a solution to this conundrum.  "Chapters"
need to be redefined as those local clubs that require 100% CORSA
membership.  These clubs then receive CORSA benefits as per the Chapter
Plan.  Local clubs that choose not to require 100% CORSA membership are
no longer considered chapters, but may become "affiliate clubs" by
paying an annual fee ($250 is the number I pick out of the air) for
CORSA insurance et al.  Local clubs that choose not to require 100%
CORSA membership and choose not to pay for CORSA insurance remain
unaffiliated local Corvair clubs.

Putting my NJACE president's hat back on, NJACE would I am sure pay the
$250 annual fee.  After a few years of this, I betcha the club would
choose to implement a 100% membership requirement... assuming CORSA
remains viable.  CORSA's problems are not rooted in whether or not the
locals require 100% membership.

--Bob Marlow