<CORSA Chapters> [Corsabod] Poll

Corvair Paddy corvairp at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 14 22:33:30 EST 2009

Thanks, Makes sense now, but why doesn't the board enact some of Mr Helts previous suggestions or the multitude of other postings suggested.  We've all seen the posting from some of the board members saying just wait trust us, but why should we, what is currently on the floor, does the board have a five year plan, including financial, an agenda for 2010, accomplishments for 2009, the web page, looks and acts like a beginners page, do we actually pay someone to do this.  I know... do I want to volunteer, no, I've seen the emails some board members post to the chapters list spewing vicious, rude, grade school comments. (Bob something) (I think), no thank you!!  Was he spoken to from the President or any other officers for his conduct, I may have booted him off the board if that was allowed.  Not someone, I would want as a poster boy for CORSA.

What did you guys and gals decide on for the purple? award and what actual claim to fame did the lady have with the Corvair besides drive a corvair for yenko.  Wasn't she buried in a vette, I googled her and I did not see a reason to honor her for the vair, any board members point to some facts behind her corvair revelations. May she rest in peace, no disrespect, I just thought wow, what did she do to get the acknowledgement.

Maybe when the board enacts some of the meaningful suggestions posted, would I or others consider to volunteer.  But thanks to those that are currently occupying those seats, but at the same time what is happening, hardly any membership input, seems like old school.

Want more members provide something beneficial for the members besides the newsletter, which is fine for the older demographics.  Provide the suggestions that have been posted for the younger crowd.  Pretty boring to date.

IMHO, which means nothing, anyway, thanks for listening.

How low would CORSA be willing to go, overhead can't be cheap or can it, the communique looks like a cut and paste weekend project, does any of the entries tempt you to read any of the articles.  Does the beginning sentence anywhere capture the imagination, not so much, boring, look up the definition of a professional editor, the book could use a major overhaul.  When was the last time that was initiated and then before that and then when will the next time be to capture the audiences attention.

Hey, heard a post recently and a year or so ago or maybe even longer than that, tech guide three in a new format, is that still way behind schedule, release tomorrow, any news?  Is CORSA paying to have this done or just volunteers?

Thanks

Pete Diaz
1960 Sedan