<CORSA Chapters> FW: Combining Chapter and National membershipfees; shared databases

tim mahler flat6vair at comcast.net
Fri Feb 27 20:22:19 EST 2009

Question (or two)

1) Because chapters renewal dates typically do not match CORSA renewal
dates.
2) Because many chapters renewal dates and dues are in the chapter's by-laws
3) Because some chapters have mulitple membership types, and dues <and CORSA
has discussed different membership types)
4) Because many members are members of multiple chapters  <which will be a
topic in one of my columns, maybe)

Would an alternative to a single membership for CORSA and Chapter -- ala
SCCA and others --  be
    1)  a 1 year chapter membership for each chapter
    2)  allow for several different 1 year membership types -- eg Family,
Single,  or associate, voting, newsletter subscription .

The member could purchase 1, 2 or 7 different chapter memberships.   The
renewal date(s) would be determined and set by the chapter.  Prorating dues
<many chapters offer a reduced dues for a partial year when all memberships
are dues on a given calendar date>  would be chapters todo.

The CORSA database --- for those who have filed a Chapter Report -- IS a
combined/shared database of members -- who can generate membership lists and
mailing list from that database.  - for me, and 50 or so members,  it is
easier to maintain my own DB and mailing labels.  Personal choice.

Thinking out loud  <being developing things at work today, on the fly stuff,
dangerous.  Need feed back,  i may be missing something so obvious I can't
see it -- ala the forest is obscuring my view of the trees.

The above is not exactly what Bill suggested,  but it may be something that
is easier to do.

Is this a higher priority than some other things?   not sure yet.    Tech
guide is tops on my list.  after that ????

thanks
tim mahler