<CORSA Chapters> Chapter information - update the CORSA DB request

tim mahler flat6vair at comcast.net
Sun Jun 21 11:52:48 EDT 2009

All,

I was reminded about chapter filing reports several times in the past month
or so.   Is it time to file?   not officially.    I do not think the
official request will be sent until after the convention.  Getting the
chapter information updated is really needed.

But i do remember that it took some chapters a lot of effort to do the
on-line filing of the report.  Mostly because it takes a while to do all the
editing of members -- removing lost members, adding new members, especially
non CORSA members (Corsa members is a simple click)

The chapter contact may update his/her chapter roster anytime during the
year.  NOT just report filing time.  This may make it easier to keep it up
to date.   Mailing labels and other reports could be generated from the
CORSA database.  If you are like me,  you maintain you own list.

for those wanting to get a jump start on getting the chapter information up
to date -- I would like to see at least the chapter officers, email address,
mailing address , web site updated otherwise we can't readily get in touch
with you --

For now,  Edit chapter details is what I really like everyone to update.
member roster can be the most time consuming for clubs like Detroit.

 thanks tim mahler

Online chapter inforamtion updating

The instruction are online -- under the membership center tab or Go to:
http://members.corvair.org/

If you are not Registered for the site.   register.  You will need a recent
Communique with the mailing information still intact.
Directions are on the site. You will get an e-mail comfirming your
registration.

When you log onto the site. You should see a link which says "Chapter
report".

To do the report, you will need the following:

1. The official address of the chapter.

2. A list of officers of the chapter.

3. A list of members of the chapter, with names and addresses.

You can add or remove members to your chapter. If you add a member, I
would first look to make sure he or she isn't already in the database.
If the person is not a CORSA member, please make sure his address is
correct. You cannot edit the addresses of CORSA members.

If you delete a member of your chapter, that does not remove him from
the main database, only the link between your chapter and the member.

Questions? E-mail me.  - some things require contacting Harry Jensen - such
as problems logging into the site.  Need to work on finding more helpers for
that function.

Thanks.  tm