<CORSA Chapters> Shows -- Convention - 2012/2013

tim mahler flat6vair at comcast.net
Mon Oct 5 21:47:00 EDT 2009

With all the chatter about the Oct 2 Shows,  it occurred to me a bit late to
ask some of the hosting chapters to consider hosting a CORSA convention.
Yes,  lots of work.  Also quite satisfying when the task is done.

I should check with Larry Claypool to see who may be (or has lost interest)
in hosting 2012 (eastern division preferred).  I did talk to Larry at the
Holz Chevrolet dealership,  but at the time was more interested in the gas
heater in the 1960 sedan.  The board has not received a bid for 2012, yet.
Excellent opportunity to expand on the Oct 2 show -- Contact Larry Claypool
for more information (or me)

It is also time to consider hosting the 2013 convention. Bids for
conventions for a given year are typically given at the convention in the
same division ( which is 3 years before hand,  2013 bids presented at the
2010 convention board mtg).   I have heard rumors about 1 or 2 chapters but
rumors are rumors.  Larry Claypool has the scoop and information on what it
takes to host a convention.   Having some options is always good. Still
plenty of time to discuss 2013,  but time flies by if you aren't careful.

thanks
tim mahler
CORSA