<CORSA Chapters> VW Dues

Charley Biddle CLBiddle at comcast.net
Sat Aug 28 10:26:13 EDT 2010

Bruce and Ray raise an interesting question about car club dues here.

Just out of curiosity, I Googled "European Bombs" and found an entry
in a list of VW clubs on www.carclubs.com/vw.htm.  This appears to be
the entry that Ray Davis found.

On it, I found an e-mail address for Ernest Lopez.  I e-mailed him to
get verification of his club's dues.  Unfortunately, that e-mail
address is no longer in use.  It bounced back immediately.  The
address is for Santa Clara University in California.  Perhaps Mr.
Lopez is no longer a student there.

There is no web site listed and there is no way to know how old the
listing is.  I could find no other Internet information on this
club.  It is listed in Hemmings and another California car club
directory, but no current Internet info.  They may have had a web
site once upon a time, but the hosting site has a notice that, as of
2004, they are not providing free hosting services anymore.

Therefore, it does not seem possible to corroborate the dues this
club is reported to charge its members.

--- Charley Biddle, Chicagoland Corvair Entusiasts