<CORSA Chapters> What is this?

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Mon Aug 30 00:08:28 EDT 2010

On Aug 29, 2010, at 5:34 PM, Jim Pittman wrote:

> Why am I getting email from CORSA Chapters <chapters at corvair.org>?

Because someone representing your chapter asked that you be added as a CORSA Chapter contact.  Given your signature below, this seems like an accurate description.

> When I get such an email and it contains a URL pointing to a .pdf
> and I click on that, I get a page labeled "Chapters Private Archives
> Authentication" that wants my Email address and password, but I don't
> know how this access was set up, I don't know the password and I can
> not see any way to reset the password.

Click on the link to the list info on the bottom of every message from the list, enter your e-mail address, and you can get the server to send you the password.

> Is this "Chapters Private Archives Authentication" of any value to me
> or to my chapter?

Any attachment sent to the list is archived on the server, rather than simply re-mailed to everyone.  The specific example Bruce sent is about a Corvair event in the southeast, so my answer is "maybe".