<CORSA Chapters> Membership

Merv Wacker wackcor23 at msn.com
Fri Mar 12 15:11:25 EST 2010

I have read, with interest, some of the messages which have been sent regarding membership and the possible sinking of the CORSA ship.  My first question to the nay sayers is why throw "slings & arrows" at the current CORSA BoD?  Most all of them are doing their level best to solve problems probably created many years ago.  There is one Director who is preparing a 12 (+-) page document (hopefully he can reduce the number of pages) outlining his recommendations on the matter, but for some reason, there are those that won't even give him a chance to present it, by criticizing the current BoD's efforts to try to resolve at least, a part of the problems CORSA is facing.  Will we all - 100% of us -  agree with the recommendations - of course not, but if some good can come out of the document being prepared and other ideas they may have, we may be a few steps closer to getting CORSA back on the right track.  Lets encourage them, rather than discourage them for their efforts and sacrifices.  Oh, and for what it's worth, I am 50/50 on the 3 tier memberhip as I feel it would be confusing, and difficult to administer by Mike & Harry, but if this is not the case, I would have a tendency to lean towards having the 3 tier.

  Somewhere along the line I may have missed this, but would like to know the cost differential, including postage, of a monthly, bi-monthly, and quarterly issue of the Communique based on the 4800 (+-) members we now have.  Once again, lets give him/them a chance, at least to present their ideas, be they good or bad rather than criticize the efforts which most of them are making.

Merv' Wacker, Iowa Corvair Enthusiasts