<CORSA Chapters> Convention Caravan

Tom Miller cooterr2003 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 20 15:53:15 EDT 2010

Early on, there was talk of promoting and  the idea of a
great caravan going to the 50th anniversary convention in Cedar Rapids
Iowa. Indianapolis, Kansas City
 and possibly another has committed to hosting a gathering of Vairs for
the Sunday drive to the convention.

Each city's plan is different
 but the idea is the same. Gather together at a location and this way we
 can make an impact on the rest of the people we will come in contact
with, from the guy or gal who learned to drive in a Vair to the press and
electronic media who will be notified of our plans. Indianapolis is
planning on having a show and shine on Saturday at a muscle car museum and
dealership. For coming to Indy and registering your car, you will get a
T-shirt, dash plaque, free soft drinks and free food. We will also be
having a DJ spin the old wax from the 50's and 60's. All of this for
$20.00.  Then the group will travel a mile to Indy's oldest continuous
cruise-in that has been going since 1954, "The SUDS" drive-in.

Kansas
 City and Lincoln Nebraska are working on their plans for their
gathering as we speak.

What we need your help with is to promote
and start spreading the word about this once in a lifetime event in
celebration of the 50th
birthday of our Vairs. Curtis Henken has put together a great
website that will allow all to get info and to post their plans for the
caravan from each cities location so others will be able to join in as
the caravan moves through their part of the state. As an example of how
this will work. The caravan will proceed from Indy onto I74 across Illinois. The St. Louis
Club wants to be a part of the caravan but only has a half dozen cars
and owners interested. So to grow this group they contacted the
Springfield, Illinois club and arranged to meet in Springfield and then to
proceed North to meet up with the caravan from Indy as it goes by thus
becoming a part of a growing caravan. They will post their info to the
website with their routes, times and a local contact for others to
communicate with. The web site is   corvaircaravan.com

This is what
we need to do all over the country. Lets make a routine and sometimes
boring trip to the convention into a memorable experience to the start
of the convention. Not going to convention, then come for the weekend
and enjoy the party!!

You can contact me at  tomill at att.net, 317-727-2789,  or Curtis Henken at curtis.henken at gmail.com