<CORSA Chapters> Local Clubs and their communication

King,Bob,Allentown,Purchasing Bob.King at purina.nestle.com
Thu Nov 3 15:41:45 EDT 2011

>From Bob King President of PCA... Phila.

-----Original Message-----
From: chapters-bounces at corvair.org [mailto:chapters-bounces at corvair.org]
On Behalf Of Vairtec Corporation
Sent: Thursday, November 03, 2011 2:41 PM
To: Chapters CORSA
Subject: <CORSA Chapters> Local Clubs and their communication

Dear CORSA Chapter representatives:

Does your club produce a monthly newsletter?  YES

If yes, do you mail it to all members, send it electronically, or some
mix of both?  MIX OF BOTH  70% ELECTRONIC,  I PRINT OUT A COLOR EDITION
TO THE SNAIL MAILER'S

If not, how often do you produce one or by what other means do you
communicate with your members?  EXTRA NEWS LETTER SPECIAL EDITION
SOMETIMES SENT TO EMAIL SUBSCRIBERS WHEN WE HAVE TOO MUCH CONTENT FOR
THE MONTH.

Do you have a club web site? YES

If yes, how often is it updated?  What sort of information do you post
there?  DEPENDS ON OUR WEB MASTER. HE SOMETIMES UPDATES IT MONTHLY FOR 6
MONTHS, THEN
WE SEE NOTHING FOR QUITE A WHILE (LIKE PRESENTLY!)

Kindly reply to me, but if you wish to share your reply with the whole
list go right ahead.

I ask these questions because I am the newsletter editor/publisher in my

local chapter, and I am interested to learn what other clubs are doing.

For the record, my club still produces a monthly newsletter.  We
distribute it via e-mail, exclusively, except that we have
"grandfathered" seven members who legitimately do not have e-mail
capability.

The electronic newsletter is sent as a full-color PDF file; the handful
of printed copies are black & white laser printouts.

My club has a web site which one of our members updates each month based

on the newsletter content.

Thank you!

Bob Marlow