<CORSA Chapters> Virginia Vair Fair May 18-20

Ray Davis scout1977 at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 22 22:01:26 EDT 2012

This years Vair Fair hosted by the Central Virginia Corvair Club in Lexington, VA promises to be one of the more memorable Vair Fair's in recent history.  This is the first time in many years that the Vair Fair has been held in the scenic Shenandoah Valley.  Due to the location being in the Shenandoah Valley and the host hotel being on a beautiful hilltop, we have named this years edition "Vairs With A View!"  This years rally will take you on a beautiful journey along the Blue Ridge Parkway!  We will of course have all of the usual events in store for you such as the Valve Cover Race, People's Choice Corvair Show, Corvair Games, a hospitality suite and the afore mentioned Rally, but this year we will have several new events for your enjoyment.  We have arranged special parking at Hull's Drive In Theatre located only a mile from our hotel.  All who are interested will travel together Saturday evening and we will be allowed to park together to enjoy an old fashioned drive in movie!  Hull's is the only nonprofit, community owned drive in theatre in the world!  For your enjoyment at the hotel, we will have both Ladder Golf and Corn Hole boards set up for you to play on.  There will also be a bingo game on Saturday!  The hotel itself has its own Putt Putt course and we will be having a Putt Putt Tournament on Sunday morning.  There will be categories for men, women and children.  Yes, that's right!  Now your spouse, children or grandchildren may actually win a trophy!  Of course if they do win one and you don't...well, it could be a little  embarrassing!  Following the awards ceremony on Sunday, you can join our caravan up scenic and historic Route 11 to Verona, VA where there will be an Autocross event sponsored by the Sports Car Club of America.  They hold these events regularly and are very proficient at it.  They have agreed to have a special Corvair class just for us!  The host hotel for our event is the Howard Johnson Hotel in Lexington.  We have negotiated a rate of only $69.95.  This is MUCH less expensive than has been the case in recent years!  This rate even includes a breakfast bar!  You're saving so much money, you can buy more door prize tickets!  Just mention Corvair when booking your room.  Contact info for the hotel is on the registration form.  Please go ahead and make your reservations and send in your registration ASAP so that we can get a handle on how many pizzas to order for the free Friday night pizza party!  Let's get together and celebrate our wonderful vehicles!  Hope to see you there!

May 1: Motel reservation cut off.
May 3: Pre- registrations due to get t-shirt order guaranteed.

Registration and other info @ www.vairfair.com