<CORSA Chapters> NECC TIME TRIALS at POCONO, Sunday September 22, 2013.

Allan V. Lacki redbat01 at verizon.net
Sun Jul 21 10:48:12 EDT 2013

NECC TIME TRIALS at POCONO, Sunday September 22, 2013.

Join us for a full day of practice lap sessions and time trials at PoconoRaceway's East Course.  Mark the date onyour calendar.

Prices and registration:   To beannounced very soon! Visit  www.neccmotorsports.com

A Day of High Performance Driving.  NECC time trial events consist of practice lap sessions in the morningand timed laps in the afternoon.  Carsand drivers are grouped by performance capability for the first three sets ofpractice sessions;  each group gets itsown practice session.  Then, after theinitial practice sessions, it's open track for all cars and drivers.  During the practice sessions, you can do asmany laps on the track as you like. Then, during the afternoon, drivers go out on the track for timedruns.  During the timed runs, only a fewcars are out on the track at once (often only two or three depending upon thelength of the track), and are spaced far apart from each other.  Each driver races against the clock; timetrials are not wheel-to-wheel racing events. Normally you will get one practice lap to warm the tires and brakes up,then two or three timed laps, and finally one cool-down lap.  At the end of the day, you will be able tocompare your best lap time to other drivers in your vehicle?s class.  Time trials allow you to compete againstfellow competitors to see who can turn the fastest lap times, without the risksof wheel-to-wheel racing.

What Kind of Car Can I Bring?  Justabout any kind of car is acceptable. NECC began as a Corvair club, and you'll see some of the nation'sfastest race-prepared Corvairs at this event. But you don't need a Corvair, and you don't need a race car.  We conduct our events so that everybody getsplenty of track time, no matter what kind of car you register.  Our only restriction is that your entrypasses tech inspection.  Sorry, notrucks, vans, or motorcycles allowed.

Safety Equipment.  All cars needshoulder belts or harnesses for the Time Trials at Pocono.  Also, all drivers need to wear a Snell 2005or better helmet

Do I Need to Bring Timing Equipment? No, we will time your laps during the afternoon time trials using ourown photocell-based system.  You do notneed to equip your car with any timing equipment.  Leave your transponders at home!

Other Rules and Requirements:  Techinspection and driver rules are posted on the NECC website.   www.neccmotorsports.com

Questions?   Email me, Al Lacki   Redbat01 at verizon.net