<CORSA Chapters> NECC Corvair Olympics! Please share this with your members!

Allan V. Lacki redbat01 at verizon.net
Fri May 10 15:13:46 EDT 2013

CORSA Chapter Officers & Newsletter Editors:   Please share this with your members!

REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN for the Corvair Olympics! Three days of high performance driving at Virginia International Raceway and Roxboro Dragway. Sign up at www.neccmotorsports.com

NECC CORVAIR OLYMPICS 2013, June 20-21-22.
Join us for three days of high performance driving at facilities located around historic Danville, Virginia.

Day 1: Road Course! Thursday, June 20, 2013: High-Speed Time Trials at Virginia International Raceway (VIR).  Recently chosen as one of Car & Driver’s Top six tracks in the nation, and described by Top Gear UK as “world class,” VIR is a multi-purpose road racing facility. We'll be running on VIR's 1.65-mile South Course, with challenging twists, dramatic elevation changes, and the historic Oak Tree corner! Open lapping sessions all morning with individual timed laps in the afternoon. For those who may not have tried a track day previously, we will be offering our introductory Taste of the Track program, too.

Day 2: Drag Racing! Friday, June 21, 2013: Drag Racing at Roxboro Motorsports Dragway.   Roxboro Motorsports Dragway is a 1/8-mile IHRA dragstrip with a 50-year history and newly refurbished facilities with all the amenities you would expect of a first-class facility. We’ll be offering both bracket racing and head-to-head drags.

Day 3: Autocross! Saturday, June 22, 2013: Autocross at Virginia International Raceway (VIR).  On Saturday, it's back to Virginia International Raceway (VIR) for the autocross. We'll be conducting the autocross on VIR's 300' x 300' skid pad which offers wonderfully-smooth pavement free of obstructions. Autocross is challenging for experienced drivers and first-timers alike, and no special equipment is needed other than a helmet.

Prices:  NECC holds the line on prices for the 2013 Corvair Olympics -- prices are unchanged from two years ago! Hi-Speed Lapping and Time Trials at VIR, $219. Drag Racing at Roxboro Motorsports Dragway, $79. Autocross at VIR, $39. Taste of the Track at VIR, $29. New! Gold Medal Performance Package $129. Get the Autocross, Drag Racing, and Taste of the Track experience for one special price. Save $18! Ideal for first-time participants.

What Kind of Car Can I Bring?  You'll see some of the nation's fastest race-prepared Corvairs at this event. But you don't need a Corvair, and you don't need a race car. We conduct the Corvair Olympics so that everybody gets plenty of track time, no matter what kind of car you register. Our only restriction is that your entry passes tech inspection.   Shoulder belts are not required for Street Stock and Improved Stock Corvairs participating in Drag Racing and Autocross. On the other hand, all cars need shoulder belts or harnesses for the Time Trials. Visit the NECC Rules web pages for specific safety requirements. Also, all drivers need to wear a Snell 2005 or better helmet for all three events. Visit our Rules web pages for specific safety requirements. www.neccmotorsports.com

Do I Have to Enter All Three Events?  You may enter one, two or all three of the scheduled events. You are free to pick and choose.

Rules and Requirements:   Tech inspection and driver rules are posted on the NECC website at www.neccmotorsports.com

Registration, Lodging, and Trailer Parking:   The host hotel for the Corvair Olympics is the Comfort Inn in Danville, Virginia. Phone is 434-793-2000. Rate is $75 per night plus tax. The rate is good for Wednesday June 19 to Sunday 23 June. The front desk will be holding a number of rooms at this rate until May 19, so make your reservations soon! Also, we are making arrangements for trailer parking in the mall lot next to hotel. Those who attended NECC's last event at VIR will remember set up.