<CORSA Chapters> Getting the word out

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Fri May 23 17:16:37 EDT 2014

Hi folks,

I asked about getting the word out a few months back, I thought I'd report what I did and how it turned out so far.

One suggestion that was really good was an ad in a paper, but around here the ones I found wanted a location.  Since our meetings are usually at people's homes I didn't want to do that.  I may give it a try when we have a meeting at a public place, tho.

I did set up a couple ways to advertise online - a Facebook group, and an ad in the CraigsList "Auto Parts for Sale" section the week before our meetings.  Those have had some success, we've picked up a couple new members that way, they are new to Corvairs and might not really have looked for a club otherwise.

I still have to do the business cards and flyers, I want to have those for the AACA Orphan Car Tour in Maryland next month.  I did a couple drafts and have used them, certainly makes life easier.

Feel free to copy any parts of this that might help you out:

Facebook - www.facebook.com/NVCCHOME
CL - http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/pts/4479218238.html

Bryan Blackwell
Northern Virginia Corvairs