<CORSA Chapters> CORVAIRS ON THE TRACK Talladega Grand Prix’ (TGP) track! Munford, Al.

N2VZD n2vzd at aol.com
Mon Apr 9 18:11:49 EDT 2018

Due to scheduling conflicts (by Barber Motorsports and NO fault of our own), we must change the ‘Corvairs on the Track’ from the Barber raceway to the ‘Talladega Grand Prix’ (TGP) track!
TGP is a 1.4 mile road course located near Munford, Al.
A couple of positives from this, in my opinion:
Rather than 4-5 laps at Barber, we have the opportunity and time to do 10-15 laps at TGP.The ‘Corvair Caravan Drive’ from the host hotel to TGP will be about an hour through some of the nicest, and picturesque countryside and waterways that central Alabama has to offer.We have added, for all participants, a free home cooked lunch provided by Pam Butterworth, owner of the ‘Chubbie Chicks’ restaurant. Pam and her mother are ‘Corvair Girls’ but just sold their last Corvair 3 months ago.ALL scheduled events for Friday evening Cruise-In at the Drive-In remain as they are and a very large turnout is expected.
Hospitality room all weekend and Saturday Banquet also remain unchanged.
Most details for the change of track venue are done and solidified. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask.
We look forward to seeing everyone at Goodwater Baptist Church for the old-fashioned cookout and monthly meeting Saturday, 21 April at NOON!

Billy B. Cannon Jr.
VCE Vice President & Oil Drop Editor
Office Phone: 256-839-1905
Mobile: 256-743-0082

Vulcan Corvair Enthusiasts, CORSA Ch. 352
147 Crossbrook Dr. Chelsea, AL 35043